7.26.2009

Family Picture


We had my sister-in-law snap a quick family picture today at a picnic. Our first as a family of 5. I think we look pretty good ... if I do say so myself!

Things are still going well. Felmata is a joy! He remains happy and fun and full of energy. He doesn't like going to bed, but neither did Noah and Ella at age 3. He experienced his first boat ride last night. The waves in Lake MI were big, so Paul took it kind of easy; that is until he heard Felmata yelling "YESSSS!" and clapping with a huge smile. This kid has no fear ...

We're looking forward to a quiet week at home filled with more firsts.

It has been such a cool thing to watch Noah and Ella interact with their new brother. They have so much fun with him, and yet have a healthy amount of protection as well. It is very clear that they are older, and he is younger. There have been a few times when I think they've wished he could get back on the airplane (like the 45 minutes of whining because I cut his sandwhich in half, or the times he gets into THEIR stuff). But, for the most part, they seem happy to have Felmata join us. When I asked them if it's like they imagined, they both said "no" ... "it's way better". I kind of have to agree!

I am so proud of each of my kids. God has blessed me in more ways than I can count. We are giving Him all the glory for the smooth transitions in our home.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love the family of FIVE picture! And, yes, you do look pretty good! :o)

I had a great laugh over all the typical three year old stuff-- the crying over sandwiches and not wanting to go to bed-- it's been a few years since you've had that and being fresh out of that stage, it made me smile knowing that in homes everywhere those same episodes happen! :o)

See you soon!

Amanda said...

What a beautiful family you have. I am so happy for you.

The sandwich reminded me of the things that we will deal with soon.

Talk to you soon.
Amanda

Susan said...

Hi! I found your blog on the AAI yahoo group. Your comments there were really helpful, and I love your blog. We're adopting through AAI as well; just submitted our dosser, so we're way behind you and thankful for your wisdom.

:) Susan