1.28.2009

The Line has moved

I was in contact with our agency yesterday and our line has moved! There are now 3 families ahead of us waiting for a little boy. That doesn't seem like a lot, and yet at the same time it does.

So many people have made "pregnancy" comments like "it's like you're pregnant but not carrying the child". That's a really nice thought but not really how we're feeling. The thing about a pregnancy is that you get a due date. And although the baby might not come exactly on the day you're planning for (right Julie?!?), most of the time you can at least predict the month, and for sure the year!! With this adoption thing, who's to say what day, month or even year our child will join our family! I'm not complaining, and please keep your comments coming, but just for the record; I don't feel pregnant :)

I'm still checking caller ID every time the phone rings to see if it says "AAI" on the screen. So, at the very least, if you call I'll know it's you.

That's all I've got for now...

No comments: