2.13.2009

Hoping for a VDay surprise!


True confession time (don't worry ... it's nothing TOO personal!) Our paperwork has been "active" in Ethiopia since November 14. In my mind, I've been kind of hoping for a referral just in time for Valentine's Day ... exactly 3 months from Nov 14. Not sure why Valentine's Day ... not a big holiday at our house. I guess it just sounded good at the time, and honestly, it still does!

Seeing how it's 3pm on the day before VDay (which happens to be on a Saturday), I'd say I better re-adjust my wish to something more likely. Spring Break? Easter? Memorial Day? Thanksgiving?!?

We hung a few new pictures on a wall last week, and hung an empty frame so when the call DOES come, #3 can be included in our family pictures. We also bought a small photo album to fill with lots of pictures of us, to send as soon as we know who to send it to!

The call will probably happen when we least expect it ... so I might as well stop plotting and planning and wishing. Still .... it would be nice to get a call soon! After all, we've got a frame ready!

3 comments:

Julie Linn said...

Hoping with you guys. Maybe presidents' day...

the haverdink family... said...

Hey Jess...I know what it is like to want to fill that 3rd frame...I was so excited when we had Keaton :) Your time is coming...I can feel it. I'm with Julie - maybe President's Day :) Hang in there... :)

MARIANNE said...

That is so sweet Jess! Maybe the day the call comes will be a new holiday just for the Hoekstra family! Praying for you all!