3.17.2009

THE Call!

Monday, March 16; 4:38pm

Both kids are outside playing with the neighbors. They're running around and around the house ... capture the flag? It's a beautiful, spring afternoon. Coats are off. Laughter is all around. Birds are chirping. All is good with the world.

The phone rings ... the screen says "Adoption Associates" and my heart stops, then starts, then stops again. Is this it?????

Our agency is calling to tell us they have a little boy. He's 3 year's old. They'll send pictures via email. They give me lots more info. I hang up the phone and watch my inbox fill with emails with lots of attachments. Paul's not home yet. Do I look? Do I peak? OH MY GOODNESS!! IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?!? I notice drops on my paper and only then realize I have tears streaming down my face. I stand up. I pace. and pace. and pace. Then I see Paul's truck pull in.

5:00; Paul walks in the door. "What's wrong?", he asks. "We got the Call" I say. More tears. Running to the computer. We meet our son, together, for the very first time.

He is beautiful.

He is full of life.

He is going to be ours.

We can feel it all the way down to our toes.

Thank you Lord for the joy you have given us. We are forever grateful!!

ps Out of respect for the African culture we won't be posting any pictures until he officially becomes our son through a court proceding. If you see any of us around, be sure to ask ... we're all carrying pictures we'd be happy to show off! :)

13 comments:

Karen said...

I admire your restraint at not peaking-- it created such a beautful moment.... :o) This is so amazing!!!!!

Beck said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

How exciting! So happy for you guys!

Adoption Associates, Inc. said...

So so so thrilled for you guys. What a joyful day and on Noah's birthday! God is good! Praying you through the rest of the journey.

Adoption Associates, Inc. said...

...or a day after Noah's birthday :) so much excitement for one week. Celebrating the joy that your oldest gift brings to anticipating all that your youngest will bring.

MARIANNE said...

I've got goosebumps! So happy for your family! Praying for the rest of your journey!

Shelly said...

You are an amazing family!! Congratulations! Just reading your blog I was so excited for you, I can only imagine your emotions. We will continue to pray for your wonderful family of 5 :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Praise God!! We're another AAI family, and we're excited for you! I'll be praying for your court date. Congratulations!

Julie Linn said...

He is such a blessed little boy to have you guys as his new family. We can't wait to hear more about him and meet him soon!

Mindy said...

Congratulations...I'm so excited for you! Thanks for sharing your story about "the call." Hoping you get a quick court date and get to go see your little 3 year old soon!!!

Marisa said...

Yea...congratulations!!! That is such great news. i'm so glad I ran into you while picking up Austin or I would have had to stop over and see your picture. He's handsome, looking forward to seeing your family grow.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting day!! Hope you have a smooth court date! We are another AAI family & I found your blog through other blogs I read. It was kinda crazy for me finding it, b/c I actually graduated from high school with you! So that was just strange to find!
Have lots of fun celebrating!!
Lynnae Metzger(Compagner)

Kelli TenHaken said...

I remember that day; what an incredible feeling. Congrats!! I hope you hear news of a court date soon.