3.16.2009

Happy Birthday Noah!


My little boy tunrs 9 years old today. Where does time go?? I know that's such a cliche, but on this day it doesn't feel like one. I really wonder that. Where has it gone? Each year I tease Noah that he has to stop having birthdays. I love him too much at the age he's at. I don't want him to change. I don't want him to get older. I feel that way this year, too.
He's kind and compassionate. He loves his family, his friends, his neighbors, his God. He cares about the less fortunate. He's as competitive as they come. He love sports and he plays fair. He's healthy and active. He loves math. He loves his sister. He loves strawberries. I couldn't be more thankful for him on this day. God has truly blessed our family with him.

In the past year he joined a football team. He made the all-star baseball team. He played in his first piano recital. He decided to be excited about welcoming home a new little brother from Africa. He stoood up to a bully at school on behalf of his friend. He got all As in Math. He was kind to his sister ... often!

He's my little boy, and I'm hoping the time slows down just a bit. I'm pretty sure it won't, so it's days like these I remind myself to treasure, savor, ponder each and every memory. I'm going to need them someday!

No comments: