5.20.2009

growing ... maybe?

Our agency sent us updated measurements this week. Back in March Judah was 93 cm and 13 kg (about 28 pounds). He was measured last week and is now reported to be 90 cm and 14 kg (about 31 pounds). So, while he's grown, apparently he's shrunk too. I laughed out loud when I read the email, as this is such a good example of how the adoption journey seems to be. I'm quite confidant he didn't actually shrink, but in Africa their use of numbers and ours is quite different. It's all good. I just smile when I think of how God has used this journey to teach me what really matters, and how little of my life I'm actually in control of!

We were also sent a few more pictures of him. Wow is this child ours! He has a smile that lights up my entire computer screen, and his eyes have a twinkle in them that must be from God himself. After we pass court I'll be able to post his picture on this sight, and you can see for yourself what I'm talking about.

We also received confirmation that he received the care package we sent. My heart beats a little faster when I think of him opening the photo book we put together, and imagining how his mind must be trying to imagine life in with us. We pray every day that God will be preparing him for all that lies ahead. I am trusting that God has us on this journey for a reason, and just like He is so good at doing, He's preparing all of us right now for what lies ahead.

On Monday, that's 5 days from now!, our case will go before a judge in Ethiopia and we're praying all goes well. We are trusting God's timing, whatever that might be, but also know if the timing is NOW we will be thrilled! We can hardly wait to bring this precious child home!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Jessica,

It's funny but the same thing happened this week for us. One of our girls grew and one shrunk! You are right on what a good example this is of the adoption journey.

As our girls are at the same orphanage as your little one and our court dates are the same, hopefully we'll get to spend part of this journey together picking them up and bring them home.

Prayers,
Amanda

Karen said...

One of our friends did adopted their daughter from China-- they were told she was 3 years old, almost 4. When she came, she seemed quite small-- the USA doctors did her exam and said there was no way she was older than 18 months old! They were prepared for a preschooler and ended up with a toddler instead-- they still laugh about that and Lillian is now a teenager! :o)