9.10.2009

Good-Bye Summer ... I Will Miss You!

I really do love every season of the year. (OK, maybe not winter!) And as much as every season has to offer (except for winter), summer has become my favorite. What's not to love about it? There's the farmer's market twice a week with fresh, homegrown veggies and fruits and beautiful boquets of flowers (for only $6!!). There's ice cream and watermelon and burgers on the grill. I'm pretty sure when I'm old and alone the memory of the smell of sunscreen on my sweet children will make me long for them to be little again. We love to boat, and beach and sit in chairs with sand between our toes drinking cold beer with good friends. I love my flowers and the tomatoes in my garden and reading good books. Summer is way too short and now it's over. And I kinda miss it already.

We had a good Labor Day Weekend. But now that is over with too. Onto Fall ... I'll enjoy it ... attitude is everything right?!? But I'm going to post a few pictures of the final summer holiday, so that when the snow is flying this winter I can look back and remember that winter turns into spring and spring turns into summer and summer is oh so good.



No comments: