4.25.2010

Sweet Boy!


As you may or may not have read in my previous post, we had great plans for this weekend. But, you know how the saying goes "the best laid plans of man..." I have been reminded of that these last 2 days.

Friday morning I had a sore throat. As the day progressed, it got worse, but nothing could keep me away from a night on the town with friends and Carrie Underwood. So, I popped a few advil and set out for an amazing night.

I'm so glad I did. As much as I love Carrie's music, I had no idea that she shared her faith in Jesus so openly. Several of her songs, "Jesus take the Wheeel" and "This is not our Temporary Home" led me to believe she had an active faith, and yet lots of country artists have similar songs. At the concert as she was belting the final measures of "Jesus take the Wheel", the music shifted into an amazing rendition of "How Great Thou Art". I've gotta tell ya ... to see the "Country Music Entertainer of the Year" (twice!) standing in front of a packed VanAndel Arena with her arms in the air worshipping the God of the Universe; it was awesome! I had planned on having a fun night out; and that I did. But I also left with a greater appreciation for our God who gives talent to everyday folks like Carrie, and then uses her to help people like me worship Him more fully.

Needless to say, by the end of Friday night I had no voice left at all. That has never happened to me before, and it's been just a little frustrating. I have lots to say; and no voice to say it! (maybe that's why this post is getting a little long ... I can "speak" with no voice!) :)

Saturday I woke up with a sore throat the likes of which I've never felt before. I knew something was not right; so I headed to the ZCH Urgent Care. (big shout out to the professionals over there...they actually make Urgent Care *almost* a pleasant experience .... thanks ladies!) I left with some antibiodics, steriods and the diagnosis of a bacterial infection similar to strep. Went home, slept, watched Noah and Ella play their baseball and softball games, and slept some more.

This weekend has not gone exactly as planned, but like I said in my last post; I'm trying to take each moment as it comes, and enjoy it. Maybe that's why this meant so much to me. As I woke from one of my 2 naps on Saturday (they said gets lots of rest!) ... this is what greeted me from my nightstand...


My sweet "baby" boy climbed the blossoming tree in the backyard, and picked these flowers for me. Climbed on the counter to get down 3 glasses. Then snuck in my room and placed them on my nightstand. What can I say? I've gotten lots of dandoliens in my day, and even a few beautiful rocks, but never has one of my kids been this artistic. I'm going to keep them there for as long as I can. It's a great reminder that even when things don't go as I've planned ... there could still be fanastic moments in store for me ... I just have to open my eyes to see them. Love you Felmata! Thanks for making my day!

No comments: